Eight Inexpensive Things You Can Do to Slow Your Aging Skin
There’s so much pressure to look good, which is especially painful in this time of high inflation and falling stock prices.
Every day we hear about new products and procedures to slow aging. Last week, a patient came in with a $1,200 skin cream!
I know a lot of people feel like they’re missing out when they can’t afford those expensive creams and procedures. However, many of them are fashionable and unnecessary.
Here are some inexpensive things you can do to look your best without spending a lot of money:
▪ Wear SPF every day. Sun exposure is the main cause of accelerated skin aging. Protect your skin with daily SPF, even indoors.
▪ Use a retinol of at least 2x or 0.02% every night. Retinol helps increase collagen and cell turnover. Slowly increase the strength of your retinol over time so your skin has time to acclimate to this ingredient.
▪ Take 500 mg of vitamin C twice a day. Vitamin C plays an important role in collagen synthesis.
▪ Take Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) 200-400 IU in the morning. This powerful antioxidant helps increase cellular energy so cells can repair themselves.
▪ Get 7-8 hours of sleep. Your skin repairs itself while you sleep, so it’s important to get enough good quality sleep each night to maintain excellent skin health.
▪ Daily exercise. Exercise promotes blood flow to the skin, which provides many anti-aging and skin rejuvenating benefits. If you exercise outdoors, be sure to wear a water-resistant SPF.
▪ Consider intermittent fasting. Recent data shows that intermittent fasting can slow aging by triggering cellular repair, decreasing inflammation and balancing hormones.
▪ Reduce stress. Stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline can wreak havoc on your skin and speed up the aging process. Take steps to reduce and better manage stress, such as practicing breathing exercises, doing yoga, or spending more time outdoors.
How to save on anti-aging treatments
If you’re going to splurge on anti-aging skin treatments, botulinum toxin injections like Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeauveau are cheaper than Botox and work the same way.
Whether you spend $20 on a skin cream or $1,200, it’s a waste of money if it’s not right for your Baumann skin type. Take the free quiz at SkinTypeSolutioons.com and see which brands and products are best for your skin and your budget.
At the end of the line
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get and keep great skin, but you do need to choose the right products for your skin type. Following a consistent skincare regimen for your skin type and adopting some of the lifestyle habits listed above can help you achieve great skin without breaking the bank.
To stay up to date with the latest skincare research and ingredients, follow Baumann Cosmetic on YouTube or @BaumannCosmetic on Instagram or Facebook.